Are You Making The Most Of eLearning Gamification?
A common misconception about gamification is that you can just add some levels to your existing course or throw in a few rewards to make the knowledge stick. However, creating a successful gamification plan of action calls for balance and the ideal design elements. Avoiding some of the most common faux pas won’t hurt either. This eBook will help you navigate the sometimes choppy waters of eLearning gamification to inspire, engage, and motivate your online learners.
How Gamification Mistakes Can Derail L&D Success
When done well, gamification has the power to boost interactivity and provide discreet feedback. That said, repeated mistakes can potentially distract learners and prevent them from achieving the desired outcomes. For example, your gamification strategy doesn’t align with business objectives or makes light of serious subject matter. That’s where this guide steps in to take your program to the next level by steering clear of gamification implementation and design errors.
About This eBook
Is your gamification strategy text-heavy? Are you tapping into learners’ intrinsic motivation? This eBook can help you avoid gamification mistakes and get your program back on track. Here’s a quick glimpse of what you’ll find inside:
- When You Are Only Focused on Fun: Choose a game type that effectively supports your performance objectives.
- Adding Feedback: Effective feedback allows you to capitalize on the moment of need.
- When Your Game Structure is Flawed: Keep learners asking, “What’s next?”
- Your Rewards or Prizes Are Not Motivating Enough: Make sure everyone gets rewards—one grand prize doesn’t work.
- Too Much Text: Multimedia elements can make the game more relatable.
- Use Blended Learning: Learners tend to go on autopilot when all training looks the same.
Download the eBook 10 Ways You’re Getting Gamification Wrong to identify areas for improvement and avoid the most common gamification pitfalls.