Bharta is a popular dish that is loved by Indians across the world. A particular favourite of north Indians, they mostly make baigan (eggplant) bharta. But celebrity chef Saransh Goila has shared a post on Instagram to teach us how to make lauki (bottle gourd) ka bharta. While it does sound surprising, Saransh Goila is not afraid of trying new things. His recipe appears easy and the dish looks delicious (or “delishaaas”, according to the chef). The video shows Saransh Goila licking his fingers after tasting the dish. “Lauki ka bharta because it’s our lauki day and I was up all night to lauki,” Saransh Goila said.
The chef said you need to first char lauki nicely. If not soft, you can also blend it.
(Also Read: Quick Lunch Recipes: 5 Delicious Bharta Recipes That You Can Make In No Time)
Let’s now go step by step to making lauki ka bharta Saransh Goila style:
- Poke one lauki with a knife and char it on a gas stove.
- Remove the char (skin) and chop the lauki into fine pieces nicely. Mince. Similarly, Chop two onions and keep it aside.
- Add one tablespoon of mustard oil in a kadhai.
- Heat it. When it’s ready or chonka, add some jeera, ginger, garlic, and green chillies.
- Now add the chopped onions to the kadhai. Saute till golden.
- It’s now time to spice it up. Add 1 tablespoon red chilli powder, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 tablespoon jeera powder, half tablespoon haldi. Mix well and saute for two minutes.
- Add three grated tomatoes and saute for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped lauki and salt now. You can also add some lemon juice.
Follow this recipe to make lauki bharta.
Here’s Saransh Goila’s post:
Chef Saransh Goila regularly shares interesting recipes on his Instagram. He recently shared a quick video showing how to make hung curd properly for different dishes. Hung curd is also known as chakka dahi, a thicker version of the regular curd.
With summer being the season of mango, one drink that’s extremely popular during this time is mango milkshake. A few days ago, Saransh Goila revealed a secret tip to make mango milkshake super creamy and delicious. His recipe doesn’t even require ice cream.